St. John Vianney Youth group (serving grades 8 and up) meets everySunday night from 7:30 - 8:30 PM in the SJV AC.
St. John Vianney JUNIOR Youth group (serving grades 4 - 7) meets everySunday night from 6:30 - 7:30 PM in the SJV AC.
Youth Group is an organization organized on three pillars: SPIRITUAL,SOCIAL, & SERVICE. The goal of the group is to give the young people of St. John Vianney Parish a place where they can socially gather, spiritually grow, and do service for the church and the community, seeing themselves as part of something bigger than themselves.
The St. John Vianney Youth group serves the St. John Vianney parish community in several ways:
- assisting the Knights of Columbus at fish fry dinners,
- sponsoring an annual EASTER EGG HUNT for the youth of the parish on PALM SUNDAY,
- giving youth of our church the opportunity to give their mom a carnation on Mother's Day,
- sponsoring an annual TIMOTHY RETREAT (a 24-hour junior high retreatcelebrating the beauty of the Catholic faith: reconciliation, Eucharist,rosary),
- running games at the annual SJV parish picnic,
- and hosting an annual Spaghetti Dinner.
The group sponsors a late summer and a Christmas vacation LOCK-IN at the parish hall. The latest LOCK-in theme was: WORTHINESS and RECONCILIATION.
But Youth Group is more: in the past few years,
- 4 students have traveled to Washington DC for the MARCH for LIFE (3students twice or more each),
- a half dozen have attended CATHOLIC LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE,
- a half dozen have gone to TEENS ENCOUNTER CHRIST,
- more than 125 students have been served at two TIMOTHY RETREATS,
- three members attended WORLD YOUTH DAY: CHICAGO events,
- a dozen students have attended DIOCESAN YOUTH DAY in two membersregularly LECTOR at church,
- numerous members sing in the choir and cantor at church regularly.
I TIMOTHY 4:12 "Be not ashamed of your youth, but set an example in your speech, conduct, love, faith, and purity.